- Etching with stipple and aquatint on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 14 15/16 × 10 15/16 inches (37.9 × 27.8 cm) and Image: 10 9/16 × 8 7/8 inches (26.8 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "174"
Lettered, lower center: "J.Jones exudit. | ROBINETTA. | From a Painting by Sir Joshua Reynolds | in the Collection of the Honble Wm. Tollemache | To whom this Plate is respectfully Inscribed by | his most obliged and obedient Servant the Engraver | J. Jones. | London. Publish'd as the Act directs, March 24th 1787, by J.Jones, No.63, Great Portland Sstreet, Marylebone."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Anna Maria (née Lewis), Countess of Tollemache (1745—1804)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Jones, ca. 1745–1797, British, Robinetta, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.