- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching with stipple and aquatint on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 15/16 × 10 15/16 inches (37.9 × 27.8 cm), Image: 10 9/16 × 8 7/8 inches (26.8 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "174"
Lettered, lower center: "J.Jones exudit. | ROBINETTA. | From a Painting by Sir Joshua Reynolds | in the Collection of the Honble Wm. Tollemache | To whom this Plate is respectfully Inscribed by | his most obliged and obedient Servant the Engraver | J. Jones. | London. Publish'd as the Act directs, March 24th 1787, by J.Jones, No.63, Great Portland Sstreet, Marylebone."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Anna Maria (née Lewis), Countess of Tollemache (1745—1804)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Jones, ca. 1745–1797, British, Robinetta, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.