- The Schoolboy
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 9/16 x 11 7/8 inches (39.5 x 30.1 cm), Plate: 15 7/16 x 14 1/8 inches (39.2 x 35.8 cm), and Image: 10 7/8 inches (27.6 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower center: "Schoolboy"; in graphite, on back, upper left: "21 3/4 x 18"; on back, upper right: "b"; on back, lower left: "8.0(?)"; on back, lower right: "277 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sr Ioshua Reynolds Pinxit"; lower center: "Published Octr 31 1777 by In Dean Church Street Soho"; lower right: "Iohn Dean Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | boy | chiaroscuro | child | coat | collar | dark | light | portrait | ruffles | school | shadow | student
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dean, 1754–1798, British, The Schoolboy, 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.