Boy in Venetian Dress
- Additional Title(s):
A Venetian Boy
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 15 5/16 x 11 5/16 inches (38.9 x 28.8 cm), 13 15/16 x 9 13/16 inches (35.4 x 24.9 cm), and 12 3/16 x 9 13/16 inches (31 x 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "21 3/4 x 18"; on back, upper right: "c"; in brown ink, on back, lower left: "v"; in graphite, on back, lower left: "283 (encircled)"; on back, lower center: "Venetian Boy"
unidentified collector's stamp, in purple ink, on back, lower left, within circle: "[...]. H."
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sr. Ioshua Reynolds Pinxit."; lower center: "Publish'd Feby 5th 1778 by I Dean | Church Street Soho"; lower right: "Iohn Dean Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | child | coat | collar | costume | doublet | oval | pendant (jewelry) | portrait | ruff
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dean, 1754–1798, British, Boy in Venetian Dress, 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.