Boy in Venetian Dress
- Additional Title(s):
A Venetian Boy
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 5/16 x 11 5/16 inches (38.9 x 28.8 cm), Plate: 13 15/16 x 9 13/16 inches (35.4 x 24.9 cm), and Image: 12 3/16 x 9 13/16 inches (31 x 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "21 3/4 x 18"; on back, upper right: "c"; in brown ink, on back, lower left: "v"; in graphite, on back, lower left: "283 (encircled)"; on back, lower center: "Venetian Boy"
unidentified collector's stamp, in purple ink, on back, lower left, within circle: "[...]. H."
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sr. Ioshua Reynolds Pinxit."; lower center: "Publish'd Feby 5th 1778 by I Dean | Church Street Soho"; lower right: "Iohn Dean Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | child | coat | collar | costume | doublet | oval | pendant (jewelry) | portrait | ruff
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dean, 1754–1798, British, Boy in Venetian Dress, 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.