Lady Hamilton as the Spinster
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 15 15/16 × 10 9/16 inches (40.5 × 26.8 cm) and Image: 13 7/8 x 10 3/16 inches (35.3 x 25.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "984"; lower center: "#68"
Lettered, lower left under image: "G Romney Pinxit"; lower right under image: "T. Cheesman Sculpsit late Pupil of F. Bartolozzi R.A.~"; lower center: "Publish'd Aug.st 1.st 1789. by John & Josiah Boydell, Cheapside, & at the Shakspear Gallery. Pall Mall. London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | chickens | chicks | dress | genre subject | hen | portrait | scarf | spinning | vines | window | woman | yarn
- Associated People:
- Hamilton, Emma, Lady Hamilton (bap. 1765, d. 1815), social celebrity and artist's model
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Cheesman, 1760–1834/35, British, Lady Hamilton as the Spinster, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.