The Entrance to Hengrave Hall, 1819
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper in contemporary wove paper insert with wash boader
- 15 15/16 x 10 5/8 inches (40.5 x 27 cm) and 20 1/4 x 13 9/16 inches (51.5 x 34.5 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower center: "Entrance to HENGRAVE HALL."
Signed in black ink, lower right: "AM."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | blocks | castle | clouds | columns | crests | designs | gate | hall | house | manor | plants | sculpture | spires | stained glass | stone | towers | Tudor | windows | wrought iron
- Associated Places:
- Bury Saint Edmunds | England | Hengrave Hall | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Anna Mills, active 1819, British, The Entrance to Hengrave Hall, 1819, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.