Miss Benedetta Ramus
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 16 5/8 x 12 11/16 inches (42.3 x 32.2 cm), 14 7/8 x 10 15/16 inches (37.8 x 27.8 cm), and 10 15/16 x 9 inches (27.8 x 22.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center right: "186/20"; lower center: "Bendetta Ramus | #/2"; lower right: "CAV// 7483"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by G: Romney, ~"; lower center: "Publish'd Jan 20th 1779 by WIll.m Dickinson & Tho.s Watson No 158 NEw Bond Street, London."; lower right: "Engraved by W,, Dickinson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | curls | desk | dress | flowers (plants) | gaze | lace | pearls | portrait | posing | resting | ribbons | silk | sitting | sleeves | smiling | woman | youth
- Associated People:
- Day [Ramus], Lady Benedetta (d.1811)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Miss Benedetta Ramus, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.