Study of a Cottage Interior
- Watercolor over graphite on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 x 17 11/16 inches (29.5 x 45 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "(light sketches, primarily circles and lines, reminiscent of architecture)"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "J H Mole"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | beams | bed | bench | blanket | boxes | broom | cottage | interior | plants | pot | sky | stone | stove | table | tools | windows | wood
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Henry Mole, 1814–1886, British, Study of a Cottage Interior, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.