Study of a Cottage Interior
- Watercolor over graphite on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 x 17 11/16 inches (29.5 x 45 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "(light sketches, primarily circles and lines, reminiscent of architecture)"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "J H Mole"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | beams | bed | bench | blanket | boxes | broom | cottage | interior | plants | pot | sky | stone | stove | table | tools | windows | wood
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Henry Mole, 1814–1886, British, Study of a Cottage Interior, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.