Levens, Westmoreland, The Small Drawing Room
- Watercolor, gouache, and pen, with black, ink, brown ink and red ink, with traces of graphite on thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 16 × 22 inches (40.6 × 55.9 cm) and Sheet: 13 × 19 inches (33 × 48.3 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand, in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Joseph Nash 1873"; Verso: inscribed in pen with blue ink, lower center: "Levens, Westmorland | The Smal[l?] Drawing Room | 18[4?8[4?]"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Joseph Nash 1873";
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- drawing rooms | figures | fireplace | interior | window
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Joseph Nash, 1808–1878, British, Levens, Westmoreland, The Small Drawing Room, 1873
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.