Levens, Westmoreland, The Small Drawing Room
- Watercolor, gouache, and pen, with black, ink, brown ink and red ink, with traces of graphite on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 16 × 22 inches (40.6 × 55.9 cm), Sheet: 13 × 19 inches (33 × 48.3 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand, in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Joseph Nash 1873"; Verso: inscribed in pen with blue ink, lower center: "Levens, Westmorland | The Smal[l?] Drawing Room | 18[4?8[4?]"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Joseph Nash 1873";
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | drawing rooms | figures | fireplace | interior | window
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Joseph Nash, 1808–1878, British, Levens, Westmoreland, The Small Drawing Room, 1873
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.