A Shepherd Boy
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper, laid in mount
- Sheet: 16 11/16 x 11 15/16 inches (42.4 x 30.4 cm), Plate: 15 15/16 x 11 1/16 inches (40.5 x 28.1 cm), and Image: 14 3/16 x 11 1/16 inches (36.1 x 28.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "21 3/4 x 18"; on back, lower left: "339 (encircled)"; on back, lower right: "R. Earlom | Shepherd Boy"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Gainsborough pinxt | J Boydell Excudit, Publish'd Octbr, 1st 1781"; lower right: "Rd Earlom Sculpt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barefoot | boy | child | cloak | dog (animal) | gazing | genre subject | hills | landscape | resting | shepherd | shepherd's crook | trees | vines
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, A Shepherd Boy, 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.