A Shepherd Boy
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper, laid in mount
- 16 11/16 x 11 15/16 inches (42.4 x 30.4 cm), 15 15/16 x 11 1/16 inches (40.5 x 28.1 cm), and 14 3/16 x 11 1/16 inches (36.1 x 28.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "21 3/4 x 18"; on back, lower left: "339 (encircled)"; on back, lower right: "R. Earlom | Shepherd Boy"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Gainsborough pinxt | J Boydell Excudit, Publish'd Octbr, 1st 1781"; lower right: "Rd Earlom Sculpt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barefoot | boy | child | cloak | dog (animal) | gazing | genre subject | hills | landscape | resting | shepherd | shepherd's crook | trees | vines
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, A Shepherd Boy, 1781