- The Temptation of Saint Anthony
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper, laid on contemporary mount made of moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Mount: 18 13/16 x 11 11/16 inches (47.8 x 29.7 cm), Sheet: 14 5/8 x 9 1/16 inches (37.2 x 23 cm), and Image: 14 1/8 x 9 1/16 inches (35.9 x 23 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "175"; on mount, lower right: "ok"; on mount verso, lower left: "75"; lower center: "23"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Camilo Prochacino delineauit."; lower right: "A. Blooteling fecit. et excud."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- attacking | chains | demons | devil | dragons | horns | killing | men | portrait | religious and mythological subject | saint | satyr | serpents | St. Antony Abbot tormented by devils, attacking him on the ground or carrying him aloft | temptation | wings | woman
- Associated People:
- Anthony the Great (c. 251–356)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Abraham Blooteling, 1640–1690, Dutch, The Temptation of Saint Anthony, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.