The Temptation of Saint Anthony
- Additional Title(s):
The Temptation of St. Anthony
The Temptation of St Anthony
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper, laid on contemporary mount made of moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Mount: 18 13/16 x 11 11/16 inches (47.8 x 29.7 cm), Sheet (unevenly cropped): 14 5/8 x 9 1/16 inches (37.2 x 23 cm), and Image: 14 1/8 x 9 1/16 inches (35.9 x 23 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "175"; on mount, lower right: "ok"; on mount verso, lower left: "75"; lower center: "23"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Camilo Prochacino delineauit."; lower right: "A. Blooteling fecit. et excud."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- attacking | chains | demons | devil | dragons | horns | killing | men | portrait | religious and mythological subject | saint | satyr | serpents | St. Antony Abbot tormented by devils, attacking him on the ground or carrying him aloft | temptation | wings | woman
- Associated People:
- Anthony the Great (c. 251–356)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Abraham Blooteling, 1640–1690, Dutch, The Temptation of Saint Anthony, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.