Portrait of Archduke Leopold Wilhelm of Austria
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to image): 5 3/4 × 4 5/8 inches (14.6 × 11.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "M30"
Collector's mark: "E.W. [...]"
Lettered, in the oval frame: "(the duke's titles, lettered in Latin)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armour | cross (motif) | duke | livery collar | man | moustache | nobility | oval | portrait | posing
- Associated People:
- Wilhelm, Leopold, Archduke of Austria (1614-1662), royal/imperial, collector
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Theodore Casper von Furstenberg, ca. 1615–1675, German, Portrait of Archduke Leopold Wilhelm of Austria, 1656
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.