- St. Charles Borromeo
- between 1650 and 1660
- Mezzotint on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Plate: 9 3/8 × 6 1/4 inches (23.8 × 15.8 cm) and Image: 7 7/8 × 6 1/4 inches (20 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "74"; lower left: "a42104 | 13"; lower right: "15"
Collectors mark: Alfred Morrison (Lugt 151); collector's mark: Karl Eduard von Liphart (Lugt 1687)
Lettered below image: "S CAROLVS BOROMEVS | EMI.mo AC R.mo PRINCIPI, AC D.D. CAROLO CASPARO, S. SEDIS | TREVIRENSIS, ARCHIERISCOPO, S.R. I. PER GALLIAM ET REGNVM | AREEATENSE ARCHICANCELLARIO, PRINCIPI ELECTORI ADMINISTORI | Prumiensi Perpetuo, Domino Suo clementissimo. | Dedicat Humilime Ioannes Thomas"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jan Thomas of Ypres, 1617–1678, Flemish, St. Charles Borromeo, between 1650 and 1660
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.