- Mrs. Abington
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 15 5/16 × 11 3/8 inches (38.9 × 28.9 cm), Plate: 15 × 10 15/16 inches (38.1 × 27.8 cm), and Image: 13 1/4 × 10 15/16 inches (33.7 × 27.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Miss Abington"; inscribed in graphite, veros, lower left: "157"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "141"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "355- | Proof"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "Eliz'th. Judkins Fecit"; lettered, lower centered: "Publish'd according to Act of Parliament May 20.1772 by Ja. Watson Little Queen Ann Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | choker | costume | gloves | pelerine | performance | portrait | stage | theater (discipline) | woman
- Associated People:
- Abington, Frances (1737–1815), actress
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Mark Hallett, Diary : Mark Hallett on his long-term relationship with Reynolds, Apollo, vol. 181, March 2015, p. 46, fig. 1, N1 A54 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
Poetry : The Bagatelle, Public Advertiser, June 11, 1771, p. 4, Available online : 17th and 18th Century Burney Collection Newsp
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Elizabeth Judkins, active 1772–1775, British, Mrs. Abington, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.