- Studies of Geese
- Watercolor, oil, and graphite with scratching out on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 x 17 7/8 inches (27.3 x 45.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "JWD RA."; in graphite, upper left: "no 1"
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "JWD RA."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | animals | birds | geese | nature study | science
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Painting in England 1700-1850, collection of Mr. & Mrs. Paul Mellon. , Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, VA, 1963, v.1: p. 206, no. 436, ND466 V57 v.1-2 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Studies of Geese, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.