Catherine, Lady Bampfylde
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 25 7/8 × 15 3/4 inches (65.7 × 40 cm), Plate: 25 × 14 7/8 inches (63.5 × 37.8 cm), and Image: 23 1/2 × 14 7/8 inches (59.7 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Lady Bampfylde"
Lettered below image: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds. | London Publish'd May 1st. 1779, for Watson & Dickinson, No. 158, New Bond Street. | Engraved by Thomas Watson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | pearls | pedestal | trees | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Catherine, Lady Bampfylde, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.