Lady Sarah Bunbury Sacrificing to the Graces
- ca. 1766
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint ( 1st state ) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 23 3/4 × 15 inches (60.3 × 38.1 cm), Plate: 23 3/8 × 14 1/2 inches (59.4 × 36.8 cm), Image: 23 3/8 × 14 3/8 inches (59.4 × 36.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite below image, lower center: "Lady Sarah Bunbery"; inscribed on verso in graphite lower left: "6981 (encircled) | 23/6/86"; lower right: "Fisher"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- altar | arches | dress | ewers | flowers (plants) | garlands | goddesses | Graces (Charites), generally three in number; 'Gratie' (Ripa) | incense | portrait | religious and mythological subject | snake | tree | vase | women
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, Lady Sarah Bunbury Sacrificing to the Graces, ca. 1766
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.