Miss Sarah Campbell
- ca. 1779
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 17 5/16 × 13 3/16 inches (43.9 × 33.5 cm) and 16 3/4 x 12 7/8 inches (42.6 x 32.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "230"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds. | Published by V. Green, No. [remainder cropped off]"; lower right: "Engraved by V. Green, Mezzotinto Engraver to his Majesty, and to the [remainder cropped off]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- braid | costume | gown | nobility | portrait | ribbon | tassels | woman
- Associated People:
- Wodehouse, Sarah (m. 1782)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Miss Sarah Campbell, ca. 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.