Miss Sarah Campbell
- ca. 1779
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 17 5/16 × 13 3/16 inches (43.9 × 33.5 cm) and Image: 16 3/4 x 12 7/8 inches (42.6 x 32.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "230"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds. | Published by V. Green, No. [remainder cropped off]"; lower right: "Engraved by V. Green, Mezzotinto Engraver to his Majesty, and to the [remainder cropped off]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | gown | nobility | portrait | ribbon | tassels | woman
- Associated People:
- Wodehouse, Sarah (m. 1782)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Miss Sarah Campbell, ca. 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.