Benjamin West, 1738–1820, American, active in Britain (from 1763), A Farm near Windsor, 1789
A Farm near Windsor
- Pen in brown ink, brown wash over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 × 17 1/2 inches (27.9 × 44.5 cm)
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: " B. West 1789. Windsor"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chimneys | cows | Dirt roads | genre subject | horns | horse (animal) | houses | man | pigs | trees
- Associated Places:
- Berkshire | England | United Kingdom | Windsor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.