Elizabeth, Countess of Derby
- Additional Title(s):
Countess of Derby
- ca. 1780
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 24 × 15 3/8 inches (61 × 39.1 cm), Plate: 23 7/8 × 14 7/8 inches (60.6 × 37.8 cm), Image: 23 1/2 × 14 7/8 inches (59.7 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite lower left: "ax/" lower right: "Elizabeth Countess of Derby | Pub May 1 1780"
Lettered lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds"; lower right: "Engraved by W. Dickinson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Farren, Elizabeth (1759x62–1829), actress
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Elizabeth, Countess of Derby, ca. 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.