The Right Honourable Charles James Fox
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 1/2 × 14 1/2 inches (52.1 × 36.8 cm), Plate: 20 × 14 inches (50.8 × 35.6 cm), Image: 18 1/8 × 14 inches (46 × 35.6 cm), and Mount: 22 × 16 inches (55.9 × 40.6 cm)
London, Publish'd as the Act directs, Novr. 1st, 1784, by J. Jones, No. 63, Great Portland Street, Marylebone; and Mr Austin, Drawing Master, Knightbridge.
Lettered inside image, lower left: "A Bill for the | letter regulating | the affairs of the | E. I. Company &c."; lower left: "Representation | of the Commons | to the King | March 15 | 1784"; lettered below image: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds | Engraved by John Jones. | The Right Honourable | CHARLES JAMES FOX | London, Publish'd as the Act directs, Novr. 1st, 1784, by J. Jones, No. 63, Great Portland Street, Marylebone; and Mr Austin, Drawing Master, | Knightbridge."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Fox, Charles James (1749–1806), politician
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Jones, ca. 1745–1797, British, The Right Honourable Charles James Fox, 1784
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.