- David Garrick in the Character of 'Kitely'
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 15/16 × 10 15/16 inches (37.9 × 27.8 cm) and Image: 13 7/16 x 10 15/16 inches (34.1 x 27.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Mr Garrick in the Character of Kitely -- "; on back, lower right: "3905 (circled)"
Lettered, lower left: "J: Reynolds pinx.t"; lower center: "Publish'd Feb.y.1st:1769"; lower right: "J Finlayson fec:t"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actor | buttons | cape | cloak | collar | embroidery | Every Man in His Humour (1598), play by Benjamin Jonson (1572-1637) | lace | literary theme | plays by Benjamin Jonson (1572–1637), poet and playwright | portrait | posing | tassels | vest
- Associated People:
- Kitely, a merchant (character in Ben Jonson's 'Every Man in his Humour'
Garrick, David (1717–1779), actor and playwright
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Finlayson, 1730–1776, British, David Garrick in the Character of 'Kitely', 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.