IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Watson, 1740–1790, British, John Marquess of Granby, undated
John Marquess of Granby
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 24 1/8 × 18 1/4 inches (61.3 × 46.3 cm), Image: 21 15/16 × 18 inches (55.7 × 45.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Mqs of Gran[..]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Marquis of Granville"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "7631"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "32 ? | 32"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "32 | 32"
Lettered, lower left: "J Reynolds pinx"; lettered, lower right: "J Watson Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Manners, John, marquess of Granby (1721–1770), army officer and politician
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.