Thomas Philip third Lord Grantham, afterwards Earl De Grey, with his brothers, Frederick John and Philip
- Additional Title(s):
Thomas Philip 3rd Lord Grantham, afterwards Earl De Grey, with his brothers, Frederick John and Philip
Lord Grantham, Honble Frederick Robinson and Honble Philip Robinson
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 3/8 × 17 1/4 inches (54.3 × 43.8 cm), Plate: 17 3/4 × 12 1/2 inches (45.1 × 31.8 cm), Chine collé: 13 1/2 × 9 5/8 inches (34.3 × 24.4 cm), and Image: 13 3/8 × 9 3/8 inches (34 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed below image in graphite, lower edge folded to verso, lower left: "17 x 11 1/4"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left:"184"; lower center: "184"; lower right: "R6736 | Cost cy/ -/ - | <...> | Lord Grantham HB[...]"
Lettered below image: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds | F. Bartolozzi Directs it | Tho.s Cheesman Sculpt late Pupil to F. Bartolozzi R.A"; lower center: "Published April 1 1791 by Mnd Bovi N.81 Great Titchfield Street London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- de Grey, Thomas 2nd Earl de Grey, 3rd Baron Grantham and 6th Baron Lucas (1781—1859), politician and statesman
Robinson, Frederick John 1st Earl of Ripon (1782—1859), Prime Minister (1827-1828)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Cheesman, 1760–1834/35, British, Thomas Philip third Lord Grantham, afterwards Earl De Grey, with his brothers, Frederick John and Philip, 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.