Miss Frances Greville and her Brother as 'Hebe' and 'Cupid'
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 19 1/2 × 13 3/4 inches (49.5 × 34.9 cm) and Image: 18 3/8 × 13 3/4 inches (46.7 × 34.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "23 | 9866 | [...] /- /- | Sills 21 /-/-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | figure study | gazing | girl | pitcher | religious and mythological subject | siblings | trees | vase | wings
- Associated People:
Frances Anne, Lady Crewe (bap. 1748, d. 1818), political hostess
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, Miss Frances Greville and her Brother as 'Hebe' and 'Cupid', 1762
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.