Lady Henriette Herbert
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 3/4 × 14 5/8 inches (50.2 × 37.1 cm), Plate: 18 × 13 inches (45.7 × 33 cm), and Image: 16 3/4 × 12 7/8 inches (42.5 × 32.7 cm)
On mat, in pencil: "Reynolds/Valentine Green/Lady Henrietta Herbert/First State?/IV/C.S.64/131."
Lettered below image, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds. | Published Oct 16th 1778 by V Green No 29 Newman Street, Oxford Street, and at No. 52 Strand. | Se vend a Londres, chez les Freres Torre, Merchands d'Estampes"; lower right: "Engraved by V. Green, Mezzotinto Engraver to his Majesty | and to the Elector Palatine"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Clive, Henrietta Antonia Countess of Powis (née Lady Henrietta Antonia Herbert) (1758–1830), writer, mineral collector and botanist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Lady Henriette Herbert, 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.