- Master Henry George Herbert as the 'Infant Bacchus'
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 22 11/16 × 16 1/4 inches (57.6 × 41.3 cm), Plate: 20 × 14 inches (50.8 × 35.6 cm), and Image: 18 5/16 × 13 15/16 inches (46.5 × 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "20 3/4 x 14 2/4"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Sold by C. Love"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sr Joshua Reynolds"; lettered, lower center: "Master Herbert | Bacchus | Publishd 15th Novemr 1776 by J Boydell Engraver in Cheapside London"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J R Smith"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | child | cloth | eyes | god | grapes | leaves | leopards | light | portrait | religious and mythological subject | rock | vines
- Associated People:
- Herbert, Henry George, 2nd Earl of Carnarvon (1772-1833), Colonel of the West Somerset Yeomanry
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Master Henry George Herbert as the 'Infant Bacchus', 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.