Sir Abraham Hume, Bart. F.R.S.
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 15 1/8 × 11 1/8 inches (38.4 × 28.3 cm) and Image: 13 7/16 × 10 15/16 inches (34.1 × 27.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "15."; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "20 x 15"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "#1"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by John Jones1783"; lettered, lower center: "Pub as the Act directs Sept. 13th 1783 by J Jones N.63 Great Portland Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Hume, Sir Abraham, second baronet (1749–1838), collector of art and precious stones
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Jones, ca. 1745–1797, British, Sir Abraham Hume, Bart. F.R.S, 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.