IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Sharp, 1749–1824, British, John Hunter, F.R.S, 1788
John Hunter, F.R.S.
- Line engraving on thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 26 9/16 × 21 1/16 inches (67.5 × 53.5 cm), Plate: 20 1/16 × 15 3/16 inches (51 × 38.6 cm), Image: 16 11/16 × 13 1/2 inches (42.4 × 34.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: [D. Giovanni]i Hunter"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "M3992 | [Cast y]/-/- | mn//-"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds, pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "Willm Sharp sculpt."; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd 1st Jany 1788 by Wm Sharp, Charles Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Hunter, John (1728–1793), surgeon and anatomist
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.