John Hunter, F.R.S.
- Line engraving on thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 26 9/16 × 21 1/16 inches (67.5 × 53.5 cm), Plate: 20 1/16 × 15 3/16 inches (51 × 38.6 cm), and Image: 16 11/16 × 13 1/2 inches (42.4 × 34.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: [D. Giovanni]i Hunter"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "M3992 | [Cast y]/-/- | mn//-"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds, pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "Willm Sharp sculpt."; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd 1st Jany 1788 by Wm Sharp, Charles Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Hunter, John (1728–1793), surgeon and anatomist
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Sharp, 1749–1824, British, John Hunter, F.R.S, 1788
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.