- Miss Polly Kennedy
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 7/16 × 14 5/8 inches (51.9 × 37.1 cm), Plate: 19 15/16 × 14 1/8 inches (50.6 × 35.9 cm), and Image: 17 1/2 × 14 inches (44.5 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "16964"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Miss Kennedy"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Proof 15"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds Pinxt."; lettered, lower center: "Published as the Act directs 1st Sept. 1771 for H Parker No.82. Cornhill; S.Hooper No.25, Ludgate Hill, W. Shropshire, New Bond Street & J. Watson, in Broad Street."; lettered, lower right: "J. Watson Fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Kennedy, Polly (fl. 1781), courtesan and mistress of Sir Charles Bunbury
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Miss Polly Kennedy, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.