IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Miss Polly Kennedy, 1771
Miss Polly Kennedy
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 7/16 × 14 5/8 inches (51.9 × 37.1 cm), Plate: 19 15/16 × 14 1/8 inches (50.6 × 35.9 cm), Image: 17 1/2 × 14 inches (44.5 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "16964"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Miss Kennedy"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Proof 15"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds Pinxt."; lettered, lower center: "Published as the Act directs 1st Sept. 1771 for H Parker No.82. Cornhill; S.Hooper No.25, Ludgate Hill, W. Shropshire, New Bond Street & J. Watson, in Broad Street."; lettered, lower right: "J. Watson Fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Kennedy, Polly (fl. 1781), courtesan and mistress of Sir Charles Bunbury
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.