The Honorable Augustus Keppel, Admiral of the Blue
- Additional Title(s):
The Honble Augustus Keppel, Admiral of the Blue
Hon. Augustus Keppel
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper, laid in mount
- 18 1/4 x 13 5/16 inches (46.3 x 33.8 cm), 17 15/16 x 13 inches (45.5 x 33 cm), and 16 x 13 inches (40.6 x 33 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "R6863 | mc/q/-"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lower center: "The Honble,, AUGUSTUS KEPPEL, Admiral of the Blue, and Commander in Chief of a Squadron of | His Majesty's Ships, Employed and to be Employed in the Channel, Soundings &c. in the Year 1778. | London, Publish'd as the Act directs, March 12th. 1779. by Willm. Doughty, No. 4 Little Titchfield Street, Cavendish Square."; lower right: "Engrav'd by Wm,, Doughty."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- admiral | armed forces | coat | collar | costume | cravat | embroidery | man | portrait | uniform
- Associated People:
- Keppel, Augustus, Viscount Keppel (1725–1786), naval officer and politician
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Doughty, 1757–1782, British, The Honorable Augustus Keppel, Admiral of the Blue, 1779