The Honorable Augustus Keppel, Admiral of the Blue
- Additional Title(s):
The Honble Augustus Keppel, Admiral of the Blue
Hon. Augustus Keppel
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper, laid in mount
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 13 5/16 inches (46.3 x 33.8 cm), Plate: 17 15/16 x 13 inches (45.5 x 33 cm), and Image: 16 x 13 inches (40.6 x 33 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "R6863 | mc/q/-"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lower center: "The Honble,, AUGUSTUS KEPPEL, Admiral of the Blue, and Commander in Chief of a Squadron of | His Majesty's Ships, Employed and to be Employed in the Channel, Soundings &c. in the Year 1778. | London, Publish'd as the Act directs, March 12th. 1779. by Willm. Doughty, No. 4 Little Titchfield Street, Cavendish Square."; lower right: "Engrav'd by Wm,, Doughty."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- admiral | armed forces | coat | collar | costume | cravat | embroidery | man | portrait | uniform
- Associated People:
- Keppel, Augustus, Viscount Keppel (1725–1786), naval officer and politician
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Doughty, 1757–1782, British, The Honorable Augustus Keppel, Admiral of the Blue, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.