- Peniston, William, and Frederick James Lamb: The Affectionate Brothers
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 1/16 × 11 9/16 inches (43.4 × 29.4 cm) and Image: 13 9/16 x 9 11/16 inches (34.4 x 24.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "188 | The Three Sons of Sir Peniston Lamb, Bart. | Hon Lincoln Stanhope, Viscount Petersham and C[?onartofe] of Harrington"; lower right: "Very fine"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinxt. R. A."; lower center: "The Affectionate Brothers. | Publish'd as the Act directs, March 30, 1791, by M. Benedetti Engraver No. 92 Norton Street, Marybone, and to be had at J. F. Tomkins New Bond Street, No. 49."; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi sculpt. R. A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- affection | boys | breeches (trousers) | brothers | buckles | children | costume | curtain | dress | family | feathers | hat | holding | nobility | politicians | portrait | prime ministers | rocks (landforms) | supporting | trees
- Associated People:
- Lamb, William, second Viscount Melbourne (1779–1848), prime minister
Lamb, Frederick James, Baron Beauvale and third Viscount Melbourne (1782–1853), diplomatist
Lamb, Peniston (1770–1805)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Peniston, William, and Frederick James Lamb: The Affectionate Brothers, 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.