Peniston, William, and Frederick James Lamb: The Affectionate Brothers
- Former Title(s):
The Affectionate Brothers
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 17 1/16 × 11 9/16 inches (43.4 × 29.4 cm) and Image: 13 9/16 x 9 11/16 inches (34.4 x 24.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "188 | The Three Sons of Sir Peniston Lamb, Bart. | Hon Lincoln Stanhope, Viscount Petersham and C[?onartofe] of Harrington"; lower right: "Very fine"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds pinxt. R. A."; lower center: "The Affectionate Brothers. | Publish'd as the Act directs, March 30, 1791, by M. Benedetti Engraver No. 92 Norton Street, Marybone, and to be had at J. F. Tomkins New Bond Street, No. 49."; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi sculpt. R. A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- affection | boys | breeches (trousers) | brothers | buckles | children | costume | curtain | dress | family | feathers | hat | holding | nobility | politicians | portrait | prime ministers | rocks (landforms) | supporting | trees
- Associated People:
- Lamb, William, second Viscount Melbourne (1779–1848), prime minister
Lamb, Frederick James, Baron Beauvale and third Viscount Melbourne (1782–1853), diplomatist
Lamb, Peniston (1770–1805)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Peniston, William, and Frederick James Lamb: The Affectionate Brothers, 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.