Phoebe Hoppner as a Flower Girl
- Additional Title(s):
Mrs. Hoppner as the Salad Girl
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 7/16 x 13 3/8 inches (41.7 x 34 cm), Plate: 14 13/16 x 10 13/16 inches (37.6 x 27.5 cm), and Image: 13 1/2 x 10 13/16 inches (34.3 x 27.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "Rea(?) Rab[...] [remainder of this portion of inscription illegible; covered by tape]"; on back, lower center: "956 | [horizontal line] | 14 | Mrs Hoppner as the Salad Girl | #83"; on back, lower right: "lv/-/- | zev/-/-"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by J Hoppner"; lower center: "Publishd May 2d 1785 by J Walker Strand"; lower right: "Engraved by J Dean"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cape (outerwear) | cloak | costume | fichu | flower basket | flowers (plants) | gown | hat | merchant | pattern (design element) | peasant | portrait | primroses (flowers) | selling | stairs | steps | trade | woman
- Associated People:
- Hoppner, Phoebe (d. 1786)
- View by request in the Study Room
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dean, 1754–1798, British, Phoebe Hoppner as a Flower Girl, 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.