IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Dean, 1754–1798, British, Phoebe Hoppner as a Flower Girl, 1785
Phoebe Hoppner as a Flower Girl
- Additional Title(s):
Mrs. Hoppner as the Salad Girl
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 7/16 x 13 3/8 inches (41.7 x 34 cm), Plate: 14 13/16 x 10 13/16 inches (37.6 x 27.5 cm), Image: 13 1/2 x 10 13/16 inches (34.3 x 27.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "Rea(?) Rab[...] [remainder of this portion of inscription illegible; covered by tape]"; on back, lower center: "956 | [horizontal line] | 14 | Mrs Hoppner as the Salad Girl | #83"; on back, lower right: "lv/-/- | zev/-/-"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by J Hoppner"; lower center: "Publishd May 2d 1785 by J Walker Strand"; lower right: "Engraved by J Dean"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cape (outerwear) | cloak | costume | fichu | flower basket | flowers (plants) | gown | hat | merchant | pattern (design element) | peasant | portrait | primroses (flowers) | selling | stairs | steps | trade | woman
- Associated People:
- Hoppner, Phoebe (d. 1786)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.