- Lady Louisa Vaughan
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 13 7/8 × 9 3/4 inches (35.2 × 24.7 cm) and Image: 10 3/8 x 8 9/16 inches (26.3 x 21.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper center: "No 8"; center: "16 //"; lower center: "#95"
Lettered, lower left: "John Hoppner Esqr. pinx."; lower center: "To Sir Charles & Lady Rous Boughton, | This Portrait of their Daughter, | THE RT. HON.BLE LADY ST. JOHN, | Is respectfully Dedicated | by their devoted Servt. W. W. Barney | Published as the Act directs, Aug.t__1807."; lower right: "W. Whiston Barney Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- couch | daughter | dress | gaze | lace | lady | portrait | posing | sitting | woman
- Associated People:
- Vaughan, Lady Louisa (d. 1860)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Whiston Barney, active 1805–1817, British, Lady Louisa Vaughan, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.