IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Dean, 1754–1798, British, A Shepherdess, 1786
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 1/16 x 11 1/8 inches (40.8 x 28.2 cm), Plate: 15 13/16 x 10 13/16 inches (40.2 x 27.5 cm), Image: 14 x 10 13/16 inches (35.6 x 27.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "21 3/4 x 18"; on back, lower left: "393 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by Jno: Hoppner."; lower center: "A SHEPHERDESS. | Publish'd Feby,, 8th: 1786, by J; Dean, No,, 12, Bentinck Street, Soho."; lower right: "Engrav'd by Jno: Dean."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barefoot | child | curls | dress | figure study | genre subject | gesture | girl | landscape | mountains | rainbow | river | rocks (landforms) | science | sheep | shepherdess | smile | sunlight | waterfalls
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.