- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 1/16 x 11 1/8 inches (40.8 x 28.2 cm), Plate: 15 13/16 x 10 13/16 inches (40.2 x 27.5 cm), and Image: 14 x 10 13/16 inches (35.6 x 27.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "21 3/4 x 18"; on back, lower left: "393 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by Jno: Hoppner."; lower center: "A SHEPHERDESS. | Publish'd Feby,, 8th: 1786, by J; Dean, No,, 12, Bentinck Street, Soho."; lower right: "Engrav'd by Jno: Dean."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barefoot | child | curls | dress | figure study | genre subject | gesture | girl | landscape | mountains | rainbow | river | rocks (landforms) | science | sheep | shepherdess | smile | sunlight | waterfalls
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.