IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, Lady Acland and Children, 1826
Lady Acland and Children
- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint, line engraving, and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 7/8 x 15 1/8 inches (47.9 x 38.4 cm), Plate: 15 1/16 x 11 7/8 inches (38.2 x 30.2 cm), Image: 14 3/8 x 11 1/4 inches (36.5 x 28.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "119"
Lettered in black ink, within innermost border, lower left: "Arthur Henry Dyke Acland."; within innermost border, lower right: "Thomas Dyke Acland. Bronté"; within larger border, lower center: "LADY ACLAND."; lower left: "Painted in 1814...15 by Sir Thos. Lawrence P. R. A. Principal Painter in Ordinary to His Majesty."; lower right: "Engraved by Samuel Cousins 1826."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armchair | boys | brocade | children | couch | dog (animal) | drapery | dresses | gesture | gowns | hat | lady | landscape | mother | nobility | pattern (design element) | portrait | sash | sofa | sons | tassel | trees | woman
- Associated People:
- Acland, Lydia Elizabeth Dyke (1786–1856)
Acland, Arthur (1811–1857)
Acland, Sir Thomas Dyke, eleventh baronet (1809–1898), politician and educational reformer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.