IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, Miss Croker, 1828
- Mezzotint, line engraving, and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/2 x 12 3/4 inches (41.9 x 32.4 cm), Plate: 13 13/16 x 10 3/8 inches (35.1 x 26.4 cm), Image: 9 7/16 x 7 13/16 inches (24 x 19.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "To Mrs. Brook Ottley | with Sir Tho Lawrence Respects."; on back, lower center: "#118"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Engraved by Samuel Cousins from a Picture by Sir Thomas Lawrence P. R. A. Principal Painter in Ordinary to His Majesty. | London July 1828 Published by M Colnaghi 23 Cockspur Street Charing Cross"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bracelet (jewelry) | brooch | costume | curls | dress | gown | jewelry | magnifying glass | monocle | necklace | nobility | pearls | portrait | ruffle | silk | trees | woman
- Associated People:
- Barrow, Lady Rosamond Hester Elizabeth (née Croker, 1810–1906), wife of Sir George Barrow, 2nd Bt; daughter of William Pennelle; adopted daughter of Hon. John Wilson Croker
Ottley, Isabella Maria (formerly Brown) (ca. 1778-1845), wife of Brook Taylor Ottley (1774- ca. 1848) of Thatcham, Berkshire, England
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.