South View of a House at Ringmer with Gardeners at Work
- Former Title(s):
South View of a House at Ringmer with Gardeners at Work, (one of a pair)
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 x 20 13/16 inches (37.8 x 52.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Jas. Lambert Lewes 1787"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "Jas. Lambert Lewes 1787"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bench | birds | dogs (animals) | figures (representations) | garden | gardeners | houses | ivy (plant) | lakes | landscape | trees
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Lambert of Lewes, 1725–1788, British, South View of a House at Ringmer with Gardeners at Work, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.