South View of a House at Ringmer with Gardeners at Work
- Former Title(s):
South View of a House at Ringmer with Gardeners at Work, (one of a pair)
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 x 20 13/16 inches (37.8 x 52.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Jas. Lambert Lewes 1787"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "Jas. Lambert Lewes 1787"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bench | birds | dogs (animals) | figures (representations) | garden | gardeners | houses | ivy (plant) | lakes | landscape | trees
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Lambert of Lewes, 1725–1788, British, South View of a House at Ringmer with Gardeners at Work, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.