- Additional Title(s):
Charles William Lambton
- Mezzotint (first published state) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 18 1/2 × 14 1/4 inches (47 × 36.2 cm) and Image: 15 1/4 × 28 1/4 inches (38.7 × 71.8 cm)
inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "#70"; lower right: "C5134 | ane/g/- | Cousins (after Lawrence | Master Lambton"
Lettered below image, lower left: "Painted by Sir Thos. Lawrence PRA Principal Painter in Ordinary to his Majesty"; lower right: "Engraved by S.Cousins"; lower center: "Published for the Proprietor, Sir T. Lawrence PRA Jany. 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boy | branches | figure study | jacket | moon | ruffle | shoes | stockings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, Master Lambton, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.