Mrs. Le Maistre
- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 13/16 x 12 inches (42.7 x 30.5 cm), Plate: 16 1/16 x 11 3/8 inches (40.8 x 28.9 cm), and Image: 14 1/2 x 11 3/8 inches (36.9 x 28.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Mrs. Le Maistre"; in brown ink, lower right: [various symbols]; in graphite, on back, lower center: "£94 (underlined) | #38,"; on back, lower right: "[very faint inscriptions] | 5818 (underlined) | ex/ex/-"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "E. F. Calze pinxit."; lower center: "Publish'd Jan. 21st. 1771. by | J. Boydell Cheapside."; lower right: "Val. Green fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bracelets | braids | corsage | costume | curls | flowers (plants) | gown | jewelry | long hair | nobility | pearls | portrait | roses (plant) | table | woman
- Associated People:
- Nolcken, Mary (1742-1811), baroness
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Mrs. Le Maistre, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.