Samuel Declareth to Eli the Judgements of God Upon his House
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 26 × 20 1/8 inches (66 × 51.1 cm), Plate: 26 × 19 3/4 inches (66 × 50.2 cm), and Image: 25 × 19 3/4 inches (63.5 × 50.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "20 1/2 / 26 1/2 | No. 10 | 72375"
Lettered below image, left: "Painted by J SingletonCopley R.A Elect"; below image, right: "Engraved by James Daniell"; lower center: "SAMUEL declareth to ELI the JUDGEMENTS of GOD upon his HOUSE. | And Samuel told him every whit, and hid nothing from him. | I.Samuel Chap 3. Ver 18. | And he said it is the Lord: let him do what seemeth him good. | London Published Jan.y 1st, 1805 by James Daniell No. 480 Strand. | Se Vend a Londres Chez James Daniell Graveur, 480 Strand."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bells | boy | breastplate | elder | ewers | girdle (belt) | incense | Judaism | judgements | Old Testament | prophet | religious and mythological subject | robes | Samuel tells Eli what the Lord has said | servant | talking | thurible
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Daniell, active ca. 1780–1820, British, Samuel Declareth to Eli the Judgements of God Upon his House, 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.