IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Joseph Collyer, 1748–1827, British, Miss Eliza Farren, 1788
Miss Eliza Farren
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 x 9 9/16 inches (31.5 x 24.3 cm), Plate: 11 x 8 7/16 inches (27.9 x 21.4 cm), Image: 8 15/16 x 7 1/2 inches (22.7 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#32"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "MISS FARREN. | Engraved by Mr, Collyer from a drawing made by Mr. Downman | for the Scenery at Richmond House. | London : Printed for M. Lawson, No, 168. Strand. Feby. 14 1788."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | bow (costume accessory) | collar | costume | curls | dress | girl | gown | oval | portrait | ruffle | sash | smiling | theater (discipline)
- Associated People:
- Farren, Elizabeth (1759x62–1829), actress
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.