- Miss Eliza Farren
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 x 9 9/16 inches (31.5 x 24.3 cm), Plate: 11 x 8 7/16 inches (27.9 x 21.4 cm), and Image: 8 15/16 x 7 1/2 inches (22.7 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#32"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "MISS FARREN. | Engraved by Mr, Collyer from a drawing made by Mr. Downman | for the Scenery at Richmond House. | London : Printed for M. Lawson, No, 168. Strand. Feby. 14 1788."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | bow (costume accessory) | collar | costume | curls | dress | girl | gown | oval | portrait | ruffle | sash | smiling | theater (discipline)
- Associated People:
- Farren, Elizabeth (1759x62–1829), actress
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Joseph Collyer, 1748–1827, British, Miss Eliza Farren, 1788
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.