Hiram King of Tyre, Sends Presents to King Solomon
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 19 5/16 × 25 1/2 inches (49.1 × 64.8 cm) and Image: 17 7/8 × 23 7/8 inches (45.4 × 60.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "72375 18 1/2 / 24 1/2 No.9"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "S.22. | under"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Eeckout"; lettered, lower center: "HIRAM KING OF TYRE, SENDS PRESENTS TO KING SOLOMON."; letterd, lower right: "Engrav'd by Jn. Murphy"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | cloak | gifts | kings (people) | landscape | men | Old Testament | pillars | religious and mythological subject | robes | servants | Solomon and Hiram of Tyre (1 Kings 5; 2 Chronicles 2) | spear | temple | train | turbans | wisdom
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Murphy, c.1748–1820, British, Hiram King of Tyre, Sends Presents to King Solomon, 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.