- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 19 3/8 × 23 5/8 inches (49.2 × 60 cm) and Image: 17 7/8 × 23 inches (45.4 × 58.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "6"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "47"; lower right: "469"
Lettered inside image, lower right: "RE 1786"; lettered below image, lower left: "Gerbrant Vanders Eeckhart Pinxit"; right: "Richard Earlom Sculpsit"; center: "John and Josiah Boydell excudit 1787 | MORDECAI."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- advisor | bowing | Christianity | city walls | crowd | crown | guards | horse (animal) | Judaism | kneeling | men | Mordecai's advancement | Old Testament | religious and mythological subject | spears | turbans
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.