- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 3/8 × 23 5/8 inches (49.2 × 60 cm) and Image: 17 7/8 × 23 inches (45.4 × 58.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "6"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "47"; lower right: "469"
Lettered inside image, lower right: "RE 1786"; lettered below image, lower left: "Gerbrant Vanders Eeckhart Pinxit"; right: "Richard Earlom Sculpsit"; center: "John and Josiah Boydell excudit 1787 | MORDECAI."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- advisor | bowing | Christianity | city walls | crowd | crown | guards | horse (animal) | Judaism | kneeling | men | Mordecai's advancement | Old Testament | religious and mythological subject | spears | turbans
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.