Coastal Scene with Troops Embarking
- Watercolor, black chalk, and gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 18 × 29 inches (45.7 × 73.7 cm)
Lettered inside image in black chalk, lower left: "RMC [...]"
Signed in black chalk, lower left: "GBC"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coast | historical subject | marine art | men | ships | soldiers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Bryant Campion, 1796–1870, British, Coastal Scene with Troops Embarking, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.