Mrs. Gwynne and Mrs. Bunbury in the Characters of the Merry Wives of Windsor
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 12 5/16 × 11 5/16 inches (31.2 × 28.8 cm) and Image: 10 1/4 x 10 7/8 inches (26.1 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#27"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by D. Gardner"; lower center: "M,,rs Gwynne & M,,rs Bunbury, | In the Characters of the Merry Wives of WIndsor | London, Publish'd Jan,y 20th 1780, by Dickinson & Watson No 158 New Bond Street"; lower right: "Engraved by W,, Dickinson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actresses | cuffs | curls | fancy dress | feathers | hats | lace | literary theme | oval | palace | pearls | plays by William Shakespeare | portrait | ruffs | silk | sisters | The Merry Wives of Windsor, play by William Shakespeare | tree
- Associated People:
- Gwyn, Mary (1753-1840), actress
Bunbury, Catherine (1754-1799), actress
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Mrs. Gwynne and Mrs. Bunbury in the Characters of the Merry Wives of Windsor, 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.