The Hur Rangers Encamped at Colgong
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- 17 3/4 × 26 9/16 inches (45.1 × 67.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "The Hun Rangers encamped | Colgong in [...] | The Hun Rangers encamped at | Colgong. near Pohagalpur in on Gancer - Behar | in 1790"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "J53"
Signed, in pen, with brown ink, lower left: "S Davis"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- historical subject | tents
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, The Hur Rangers Encamped at Colgong, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.