Lady Rushout and Daughter
- Additional Title(s):
Lady Rushout & Daughter ~ From an Original Picture in the Collection of George Bowles Esqr.
- Stipple engraving, mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 17 1/16 × 13 1/16 inches (43.3 × 33.2 cm) and 13 1/4 x 10 9/16 inches (33.6 x 26.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#22 20 + 15"
Lettered, in black ink, center left along image: "Painted by Angelica Kauffman R.A."; center right along image: "Engrav'd by T. Burke"; lower center: "Lady Rushout & Daughter. | From an Original Picture in the Collection of George Bowles Esq,,r | LONDON Publish'd July 27th 1784 by W. Dickinson Engraver & Printsetter No 158 New Bond Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beauty | child | daughter | fancy dress | flowers (plants) | garlands | hair | lady | landscape | mother | oval | pearls | portrait | sitting | trees
- Associated People:
- Rebecca, Lady Northwick (nee Bowles, married Sir John Rushout; d. 1818)
Rushout, Anne (d. 1849)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Burke, 1749–1815, British, Lady Rushout and Daughter, 1784
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.