Marchioness of Townshend and Child
- Stipple engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 × 16 3/4 inches (53.3 × 42.5 cm), Plate: 15 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (38.7 × 29.2 cm), and Image (Oval): 12 3/4 × 10 5/8 inches (32.4 × 27 cm)
Lettered lower left: "Angelica Kauffman pinx"; lower right: "Thomas Cheesman late pupil to F.Bartolozzi sculpt"; lower center: "The Right Honorable the | Marchioness of Townshend | To whom this Plate is respectfully Inscribed | by her Ladyships most obedient humble servant | Peter Borgnis | Published may 16. 1792. by P.Bornis, No. 40 Oxford Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | cupid | curls | dove | dress | holding | marchioness | mother | religious and mythological subject | ribbon | sitting | sky | trees | wings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Cheesman, 1760–1834/35, British, Marchioness of Townshend and Child, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.