- Additional Title(s):
Miss Anne Elliot as Juno
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 25 × 15 5/8 inches (63.5 × 39.7 cm), Plate: 24 1/2 × 15 inches (62.2 × 38.1 cm), and Image: 23 7/8 × 15 inches (60.6 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center right: "6-8-54"; lower center: "Miss Elliot as Juno | Vide Field Catalogue No.1862"; lower right: "28 x 19 | 501"
Lettered below image, lower left: "Kettle Pinxt."; lower right: "Jas. Watson fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | chariot | clouds | dress | dust | headpiece | leaning | low-relief sculpture | ox | peacocks (birds) | portrait | relief | religious and mythological subject | sandals
- Associated People:
- Elliot, Ann (1743–1769), courtesan and actress
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Watson, 1740–1790, British, Miss Elliot, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.