Miss Ann Catley in the Character of Euphrosyne
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 7/8 x 11 7/8 inches (40.3 x 30.1 cm), Plate: 15 x 11 inches (38.1 x 27.9 cm), and Image: 13 11/16 x 11 inches (34.7 x 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "W. Lawranson inv"; lower center: "Miss Catley"; on back, lower left: "a/"; on back, lower center: "433 | #129"; on back, lower right: "91 (encircled)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (costume accessory) | costume | curls | goddess | gown | hills | mythology | oval | personification | portrait | smile | theater (discipline) | trees | trim | woman | wreath
- Associated People:
- Catley, Ann (1745–1789), singer and actress
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Dunkarton, 1744–1811, British, Miss Ann Catley in the Character of Euphrosyne, 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.